Pockligton school nowadays.
School founed by John Dolman in 1514
Include family names :
- Dolman ( since 1290 ), of Pocklington, Spaldington etc. Yorkshire : 317 individuals.
- Bataille ( since 1634 ) : 98 individuals.
- Mallory ( since 1317 ) : 40 individuals.
- Barbry ( since 17xx ), of Fleurbaix : 53 individuals. (For more go to lebarbry web site)
- Persyn ( since 16xx ) : 25 individuals )
- and many others …
About Dowmans(Monography of † Ch. Dowman of Cork) :
|Refoundation of Pocklington School|
|Pocklington||Christopher moves South|
|For the Dolman part, thanks to :||Thanks to :|
|† Thérèse Barbry||† Henri Boute for the Barbry part|
|Christian Leclercq||† André Person for the Bataille part|
|John Burke||Jean-Marie Persyn for the Persyn part|
|Dominique Dumay for the Douriez part|
To begin working with the data, choose one of the charts from the Charts menu, go to the Individual list, or search for a name or place.
Thank you for visiting this site.
Below, the conference “Rise and fall of the Dolmans” given by historian Phil Gilbank in 2014 at the Pocklington school, on the occasion of the 500th anniversary of the creation of the school, in in 1514